Preparing meeting an editor as an illustrator, for the first time.

• Hi,
    I was contacted by an editor I have a lot respect for via instagram for an illustrated book project (not a picture book, but a collection of children's poems). Since we are located in the same city, I asked her for a lunch meeting to go over the porject.

I have done art directing for a magazine, graphic design on books in the past, but I have never illustrated an entire book in children's market before. I am wondering what questions I should remember to ask in the first meeting. Here is my list, could you guys think of anything else? or do I prepared too many questions?

1. How big is the project (page numbers, expected number of illustrations, how complex the illustrations are going to be - full color full pages, or black and white spots)?
    2. What style the edtior has in mind (The editor found me on IG, where I post all kinds of experiments and finished arts, both traditonal, and digital. I would like to know what image made the editor think of me when seeing the proejct in her plate).
    3. Intended age group for the book.
    4. Timeline (when do they want what? rough comps? color study? detailed sketch? final?)
    5. Am I expected to do layout/graphic design work?
    6. Payment model and amount.

• SVS OG

@xin-li i’m so happy for you! Good luck!

• @Nyrryl-Cadiz thank you so much. I was very happy to be asked. Even if I do not get the project in the end, it still shows that someone from the publishing world is interested in my work.

@xin-li WoW that’s great! I don’t have any questions to add, but it would be great if you can share your experience with us after the meeting. Good luck😃

• @burvantill thank you. I will.

• Wow! Congratulations!
    This is such a great list of questions!

• @xin-li That's awesome! You'll have to let us know how it goes!