Class work

• SVS OG

One if my resolutions this year was to get serious about finishing some of the SVS classes with all the work done. I have a tendency to watch them while doing laundry and dishes and stuff, which means I’m not actually doing anything. Anyway, I know it’s February and I’ve had a slow start, but I’m getting on it! I have felt very unsure of what to do to grow my skill (especially because all my training up till SVS was just what my high school art teacher taught me 20 years ago). So, I started with the very first class in the new curriculum. I’m creating this thread because I wanted a place to post the exercises for accountability and feedback etc. If anyone else wants to post class work here too, feel free to do so!

• SVS OG

34C4C56D-520A-41EA-8163-D3C3D81AE04C.jpeg
    How to draw everything. First three exercises.
    I think these all need to go on my “warm up” work list. They freak my brain out a little... which is good.

• These are really well done. Good luck and keep it up. The beginning is hard and you have done it 🙂

• @Pamela-Fraley I'll definitely need to join. You, i haven't taken it as seriously as is required.

• SVS OG

B5C04E23-BFD1-4F96-A77D-9DC0B305E392.jpeg 22970E1B-4A31-4254-86E4-38BB86708998.jpeg

Shapes in perspective. That was not as easy as I thought. The ellipses in the rectangles were especially tricky.

• @Pamela-Fraley great work. I know this was much harder than I thought when I did them. You are doing really well.

• @Pamela-Fraley Really nice work, Pamela. And thank you for starting this thread! I've been a member since Jan 1, but thanks to you, I am finally jumping into the forum. I'm roughly where you are at in the course, just starting (finished Perspective and am now wrapping up How to Draw Everything). For now, I work traditionally -- no digital yet. I will share assignments. I love the feedback/accountability. I just tried to upload some of my shapes in perspective but the file was too big, so I'll try again later. Looking forward to seeing more of your work & cheering you and others on!