asking for opinions

• they are 2 rooms of my project. The 2 rooms of my main character in 2 worlds.
    -in 1980s world she is just a normal person, she always angry with criminals
    -in samurai world she has fire power
    0_1499272642015_1980s.jpg
    1_1499272340027_samurai.jpg

• I love this kinda of concept art. I don't know much about your concept, but if she has fire powers I don't think wooden and paper objects out in the open are the greatest idea

• @ben-migliore said in asking for opinions:

I love this kinda of concept art. I don't know much about your concept, but if she has fire powers I don't think wooden and paper objects out in the open are the greatest idea

its japan ancient world 😞 and its not paper its frabic (thanks )

• @linhb sorry, when I said paper I meant the books. I love the art, I'm just not totally aware of the concept. Sorry

• @ben-migliore said in asking for opinions:

@linhb sorry, when I said paper I meant the books. I love the art, I'm just not totally aware of the concept. Sorry

in 1980s she doesnt have fire power, only in the samurai she has fire power 😃

• Not sure what critique to give, sorry. I think they look great!

• SVS OG

@linhb Wow! These look really good. I am working on perspective a bit and these are really nice. Hope to be able to so that someday 🙂

• @linhb said in asking for opinions:

in 1980s she doesnt have fire power, only in the samurai she has fire power 😃

thanks guys, still wanna add more stuff relate to fire in samurai room, and more stuff relate to angry with criminals in 1980s room 😃 any suggestions ?

• Pro SVS OG

fantastic perspective!

• @linhb said in asking for opinions:

still wanna add more stuff relate to fire in samurai room, and more stuff relate to angry with criminals in 1980s room

I love these kinds of brainstorming sessions. Ok, here are just a bunch of ideas!

Samurai Room:
    -stacks of wood/sticks
    -Small brazier with coals
    -Water sources for accidental fires
    -incense
    -A target practice of some sort?
    -I love the paper/fabric lanterns, and the paper screens, and they really sell the era and location but I agree with @Ben-Migliore that is counteracts the fire power idea. Maybe mix in some metal, carved wood or leather? Just so everything doesn't seem so fragile? And some scorchmarks- like she has nightmares and sometimes accidentally throws fire at the wall. If not, then maybe a way to show she's had to repair or replace some of those things sometimes?

80's room, criminal-related
    -Stuffed animals/posters/books of 80's crime shows- in the US I'd think of Where In the World is carmen Sandiego?, Ghostwriter, Darkwing Duck, Nancy Drew, The Hardy Boys, Rescue rangers...
    -Punching bag
    -Justice scales?
    -Sleuthing tools: magnifying glass, atlases/maps, nopebooks and clipboards, practice/costume police badge?

Excellent quality drawings!

• @withlinesofink
    oh ok 😃 thanks man

• @linhb That looks great! Did you hand draw this or use a program?