Stylus and display recommendations.

• I apologize if this has been covered already, but I'm transitioning from tradition to digital media. Any recommendations for a stylus and display would be great! One oddity about me: I write/draw with holding my stylus between my ring and middle fingers (whereas most people draw holding the pen between their first and middle fingers). This has been a problem with my Bamboo stylus because I keep pressing the button on the side while I draw. Drives me nuts. Any other weirdos out there? 🙂 And what's your favorite stylus? Thanks all!

• alt text

Is this what you mean?… I've always been teased about the way I hold my pencils and pens. I think it's just a matter of learning how to hold it in such a way that you don't bump the stylus button as much as possible.

I know that's not exactly the best answer, or maybe what you want to hear… But I find myself bumping it in all the time as well... though it is becoming less and less as I'm more intentional about it.

• @Laurel-Aylesworth I am left-handed and hold it with my pointing-finger and middle finger; however, I have often accidentally pressed the button on any stylus with a button, which drives me nuts too. So, I simply turn the button off on my Wacom stylus in the preferences. I loose that additional functionality option, but it's more of a hinderance than a benefit to me anyway.

• @andyjewett YES! I'm so glad to see another person draws like this too!

• @QuietYell I cannot believe I never thought to turn off the button in the preferences section. [hand to forehead] Duh.

• I had the problem with the button too so i disable it XD

• I think we are all 'lefties' here, no? I use the standard wacom pen on the intuos, but I have recently been looking at this 3rd party pen that acts like a real brush. It even has its own bristles. The name eludes me at the moment. I don't know if anyone here has one?

• @Laurel-Aylesworth I hold my standard Wacom stylus (for Cintiq) the same way you do and sometimes accidentally push the side buttons. 🙂 Since it is programmed (personalized by me) to zoom in or out, it is not so distractive.