Looking for advice on wip

• So I’ve been working on this on and for the last few days and I’m having a really hard time with the background mountains. I can’t seem to get them right if any one can offer advise it would be much appreciated 😊 thank you

Attached is my work plus the reference I’m basing off of with minor changes

47410830-40A2-4329-9B79-A732C4C77909.jpeg

CE7F3BA2-C773-461D-BC00-E08C9CED9CC2.jpeg

• SVS OG

I've been following your other thread and find your work amazing. In comparing this one to the photo, I think that the background mountains have a little more definition and texture in the photo than you have painted. The atmospheric loss of detail is more gradual in the photo -- the farthest mountains in the photo are textureless but the ones immediately in the background are still close enough so that you can see some of the line and crags.

I look forward to seeing more of what you are doing.

• @demotlj thank you 😊 it means alot. Lately I have been struggling to enjoy/like my own work and l am not sure why. I am excited about this piece and hopefully will like it in the end. As for those back mountains I agree. That’s what I had noticed as well and maybe it’s my eyes or my iPad but it seems the photo gets a little blurry there for me but I will try again this morning and see if I can fix it. Thank you again

• @demotlj ended up scraping the entire back mountain range and starting over lol just couldn’t get past it. So here’s hoping the next try goes smoother 😂 or rather less smoother and more detailed

• Okay so i have worked in the new background mountains what do you guys think?

5747D71D-D5FE-499D-A132-957A5B236F9A.jpeg