New years resolutions
Kasey Snow last edited by Kasey Snow
I don't really do resolutions so much as goals, but here are mine:
-Have created 10 new illustrations by the end of the year
- Do warmup studies for 30 minutes every day, even on part time job days. Sundays optional.
- Post to social media at least 3 times a week
- Post to patreon at least once a week
- Have 1000 followers on one social media platform
- Make two youtube videos that aren’t stream VODs
Best of luck to all of us in reaching our goals this year!
chrisaakins last edited by
After listening to the latest podcast I think I need to:
- focus on learning how to paint digitally with photoshop
- learn how to bring my traditional style into digital illustration
- Become adept at making comics/graphic arts illustrations rather than dabbling in everything
- finish my book
- maintain healthy eating habits that become a lifestyle.
Suji Park last edited by
@Kasey-Snow These are great goals! The first two are actually my goals too. Let's make it happen! Cheers!
Suji Park last edited by
To be ABSOLUTELY honest,
My true goals are...
- Be slim again! (Packed on a bunch of extra pounds over this winter )
- Make a MAJOR improvement on my storytelling skills. Less rendering, more ideas!
- Seriously, finish a good dummy and pitch it to editors, publishers, and agents. This was my goal last year, which never happened. I'm determined to make it happen this year.
- Participate in more events from SCBWI, SOI, and this forum!
- Learn and grow like an animator & concept artist. Hopefully I will achieve this from my CGMA courses.
- Find new love. hopefully!
thank you for this post! This made me realize what I truly wish for.
Best of luck to everyone on their goals!
Emily Engh last edited by
So many things I want to accomplish.
- Graduate with AAS in illustration in May with a worthy portfolio to start working
- Get my website up and running with more than bare bones
- Get out and do more fine art shows and competitions
- Not over plan my days and get overwhelmed
Basil Godevenos last edited by
Great idea for a thread here!
I have a few goals for myself this year:
- Get through at least stages 1 and 2 of the Foundations Curriculum
- Participate in the weekly prompt "Spirits and Mortals" (#spiritsandmortals) on IG -- I'm already going to be late starting but will do my best to catch up
- Launch a little art community/collective of likeminded artists in my area, meeting monthly and supporting each other
- grow my IG followership to 100+ (I'm currently stalled at 40)
IanS last edited by
What a great response! It'd be good to revisit this thread in a few months time to see how everyone is getting on.
Heather Boyd last edited by Heather Boyd
I have had a few more days to think about it
and I am still keeping things small.
- Look into and where possible apply for an art residency. I don't have the income to move out of my parents home yet and this would be great for myself to grow as artist and an adult.
- Participate in Childhood weeks (2), Folktale week, a Sketch(tember/tober) instead of Inktober, and one MerMay challenge day. As well as find a character challenge to participate in.
- Finish work I didn't finish or start last year and still passionately want to draw this year!
Heather Boyd last edited by
My issue is more rendering the ideas I have lols.
charitymunoz last edited by
I have a few New Years' Resolutions this year related to art.
- Continue a regular drawing practice to hone my skills, but make it with more frequency. I'd like consistent daily time this year instead of weekly.
- Learn how to draw the human figure. I'm already starting with Andrew Loomis' heads and hands.
There's more, like learning to watercolor better, but I've learned that if I set them all as goals none of them get achieved, so I'm best with just 2.