The new 10 step system I will use on my next book project.
Marsha Kay Ottum Owen last edited by Marsha Kay Ottum Owen
- First, after I am satisfied with my text, make a text dummy (because I write my own) so that I can illustrate trh text and not try and squish it in later.
- Do millions of thumbnails until I feel good about everything compositionally.
- Do larger comps in greyscale to check my contrast, etc. Get critiques from svs forums
- Scan them into the computer (because I will know how to use it better).
- Make any adjustments I might see are needed.
- Enlarge and print them out.
- Color them traditionally. Get critiques from svs forums.
- Adjust as needed.
- Re scan and clean them up.
- Prepare for printing.
It's nice to feel like I have finally been able to get a more efficient system.
Also, I will continue to learn because I am still pretty much an amatuer (sp?)
aska last edited by
Hmmmm being organised.... nice feeling:)
NoWayMe last edited by
Sounds like a great plan Marsha!
Marsha Kay Ottum Owen last edited by
@nowayme Thanks. Hopefully I will make better progress