Effective Vehicle Design Assignments

• Here is my first completed assignment for the class. I've separated it into three images; as the assignment is divided into three parts 🙂

I'll continue to post to this thread as I complete the assignments. Feel free to give me feedback, and critique me if there are any glaring mistakes. It would be much appreciated! 😃

Part 1: Caricature
    VehicleDesignA1P1.png

Part 2: Stance
    EVDA1Part2.png

Part 3: Angle (Kept at the rough sketch phase)
    EVDA1Part3.png

• Alright, 2nd assignment finished! I designed these vehicles with Betelgeuse in mind. One of my favorite movies.

I had to incorporate humorous/ridiculous elements because Betelgeuse is humorous, haha.

EVDA2.png

• Okay, third assignment done! The assignment was to create an original boat design at a unique angle. I took elements of a submarine, and mixed it with a bumper boat. I wanted it to be a cute design for an imaginary theme park, so I turned it into a narwhal boat! His name is Stabby 🙂 Complete with a bubble launcher, haha.

OriginalBoatDesign.png

• Next assignment finished! This assignment was about getting creative with vehicle design. Essentially, drawing lots of different thumbnails for our next vehicle design (an aircraft). I chose to design a spaceship. Most of these are really rough and sketchy.

First, is a set of silhouettes. This is the page I'm most happy with, and will most likely be the set of thumbnails I'll be choosing from for my final aircraft design.
    EVDA4p1.png

Second, a set of gesture thumbnails. (sketches that started from a quick gestural line or two) This was a real challenge for me.
    EVDA4gesture.png

Next, a set of asymmetrical designs. To get yourself away from doing too many completely balanced designs 🙂
    EVDA4Asymmetry.png

Finally, a set of designs inspired by non-vehicle items. I will say that most of these(if not all of them) are hard to tell what objects I was referencing. I kept the inspiration from the objects to a minimum.
    EVDA4nonvehicle.png

• Alrighty then, I created a spaceship! 🙂 On to the last section of the course.
    EVDA5Spaceship.png

• @Jacy13 These are so funny - pure Betelgeuse!

• @Leah-Boulet Haha, I'm glad you like them! 😃