Introduction (I'm new here!)

• Hello SVS Community!

My name is Adrianne. I am new here, and thought an introduction would be appropriate before I began posting. :) I am so thrilled to have been directed to this site. I met Will Terry at SLCCC, bought lots of things from him (aka fangirled) and was told about this site/community. I regret that it took me months to come around to actually checking it out.

I have purchased the monthly subscription and have completed the Digital Pencil class (though I'll need to watch it a few more times). I am SUPER excited about all the other classes as well. I have always gone by the principle (in business, sports, whatever) that in order to improve yourself, you must surround yourself by people that are more successful and skilled than you. I can definitively say you all are much more successful and skilled than I at art and that makes me SO HAPPY because I know that I will grow.

I have absolutely zero formal training. Not even a high school art class. My day job is as an administrator for a large healthcare system in the northwest which couldn't be further from my night/weekend job as an aspiring graphic novelist. I am also a professional photographer, mother of 2, theology student, martial artist, makeup artist, and homeschool my 13 year old. I also have a 5 year old. So yeah, not a lot of free time in my life but I try not to use my busy and eclectic life as an excuse for not growing in art.

I've been drawing ever since I can remember. My mom has pictures I drew before the age of 2 of Mickey Mouse. My love affair with Disney has been life-long. During my formative years, I almost exclusively drew Disney Princesses. You will see that influence in my art. I also am a huge fan of pop surrealism, comics, graphic novels, surreal illustration - really anything "lowbrow." I use the term "lowbrow" with great respect and admiration.

Anyway, I'll include a few things artistic things I've done. I look forward to getting to know you all!
    Adrianne

Update: I'm getting error messages trying to upload my pictures. I'll include them in the comments.

• reybb8 5 small.jpg slaveleia.jpg ink1.jpg

• Welcome Adrianne! Glad to have you join us here at SVS :-) It is a fantastic community, so hopefully will help you to grow as an artist! When you combine the courses here with the challenges, and feedback in the forums, it is such a good way to get better. (especially when you can do it in your own time - great to have that flexibility when you have kids to look after!)

Just seen the first pics - your work is beautiful! Lovely linework and energy. I am a great fan of "lowbrow" stuff like Disney and Pixar too :-)

• @Adrianne Welcome! I think you are really going to enjoy this community - full of so many great artists and helpful advice and support!

• katrinasm.jpg comic1.jpg

• endor.jpg zombie.jpg

• Okay done loading some examples.

Thank you for the welcome @dulcie and @Rich Green! :)

• @Adrianne said: Hi!

Welcome! I have no idea how can you do all that and still have time for drawing. I have an art-unrelated day job too, but just that, nothing else and still cannot find enough time for my drawing. Will you participate in our monhtly challenge/contest? You should! :)

• Welcome @Adrianne ! Awesome work! You will love it here. It's a very positive and helpful community.

• Hi @Adrianne Welcome the SVS forum. I am sure you will have an awesome time here. The other artists are so talented, supportive and offer great advice. Your work is beautiful. I am sure you will add a lot to the SVS community. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your illustrations. Have a great day. Pete.

• Welcome @Adrianne ! I joined the forum a couple weeks ago and it's be really awesome! Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Looks like your connection to SVS Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.