Firstly i want to say a huge thank you to every single person who has responded to me on this thread! I thought folk might get pissed off reading a 'depressing' post - but, it turns out i made a good decision to talk about it.
I don't want to hate my work and i don't want to give up. I'm glad i spoke up and said how frustrated i am - as it's been a blessing in disguise.
My mind is still processing everyone's comments - and believe me they've had a wonderful impact. I hope anyone else reading this will be as bowled over as i am. You've all given so many different view points. Ones that would never have crossed my mind. Of course, as i don't know everything.
I will take these things with me today:
- Progress NOT perfection
- Sign up to a Yoga or Exercise class
- Keep going no matter what
- Copy my favourite artists (i traced over some images last week and it felt good)
- It's ok to be discontent - it's a person's greatest asset
- Show, show, show your stuff and get advice and feedback
- Ira Glass Quote - PRINT IT IN BOLD AND PIN IT ON YOUR WALL
- Get out into the community
- Join a drawing class (create one if there isn't any)
All of your suggestions, insights and words have given me a lot to think about.
My son is on the spectrum, my husband works away a lot. And we moved from one country right across the globe to NZ. I've been here over 2 years now and i wouldn't change it for the world. I studied Interior Design (never got a job in the field) and drifted from crappy job to crappy job. I have to accept that i lost my drawing skills a very long time ago. So, i got to start at the beginning. And that's ok. I'm very happy i found SVS as the courses have been amazing. And now i've connected with you all here i'm ready to get serious.
Have a good day. Thank you for all of your support.
EDIT - this is my Instagram https://www.instagram.com/creativeelc/
Got to be brave and say this is me.