sorry for the long post
First off, 3 Point Perspective is already on the level of "immediately download and listen." Thank you for the great inspiration.
I was taking notes during the podcast and found that I'm in a confusing space. I check off parts of each phase, and feel like I'm on the right path, but I need to clarify the road ahead. This is where I am for each phase:
- Draw 2 hours/day & Enroll in classes - I draw as often as I can. 2 hours a day? Pretty much. I'm taking courses on SVS, but admittedly not at the clip at which I would like.
- Learn the fundamentals - I covered fundamentals with classes in HS and my second trip to college. I'm taking classes with SVS to up those skills and learn more. I haven't filled 6+ sketchbooks of fundamental work though, maybe 2.
- Pick 5 artists and copy their work 20x - I've done a lot of copying over the years
- Seek advice from a professional - What's the best way to do this?
- Fill your creative bank account - EVERYDAY!
- Publicize your goal - Numerous posts on my website and SM
- Draw 4 hours/day - I need to work up to this level. 12 hours at job and commute doesn't help. Neither do 4 kids. But if I am more focused I can fit more into the time I do have.
- More intermediate classes and one-on-one Leveling up with SVS eventually
- Complete the Draw 100 somethings challenge. Post to SM - I started on fairies but I wasn't that excited about it. So I'm switching that up and drawing an original alien dude and filling out his species
- *Study the field that interests you. - *Buying and reading comics out the wazoo!
- Tell stories with your work Need to be consistent with this one.
- Make a product - I made a sketchbook of my Inktober drawings from last year (available soon on my website *wink *wink). I sold 4 out of 100 at AwesomeCon a month ago.
- Enter contests, put yourself out there - I submitted 5 pages of a comic for the Creators for Creators grant. That was nerve racking but exciting at the same time. They say who won this month. I
maycreated a topic and letso y'all can see what I entered.