Hi y'all! I'm Cris from Barcelona (Spain). I've been building a portfolio for looking for some rep. I already have been with one agency but I left it because it wasn't working for me so now I'm again on the step of sending emails.
My goal is to work either on children's books, picture books, packaging, animation and videogames (I have a background in it). And I'm always open to new projects like stationery, pattern design, etc.
I've narrowed my list to these agencies (and here are the points I like):
- Bright: it is very varied and some artists I like are there.
- Tugeau2: it is a very familiar small agency with few different artists and they are open to new kind of projects you may request.
- Arena illustration: so many years of experience and also a small agency with less than 30 illustrators.
- Good illustration: a familiar agency with only 54 children illustrators and a variety of projects.
- Shannon associates: they have worked with some interesting big clients and they make a variety of projects.
A couple literary and boutique agencies:
- Cat bird: only 44 illustrators with different styles.
- The cat agency: only 47 illustrators. It's a small familiar agency and some artists I like are there.
My question here is if you may add any other agency that may be a good fit for me and if you think it would be better to focus on illustration agencies and leave aside the literary agencies or maybe try to get one literary/boutique agency and an illustration agency because I guess you get more regular jobs with literary agencies (or maybe I'm wrong).
About my portfolio I would like you to take a look and give me some feedback because I feel I'm a bit bored of looking at it so much. Also I recently split the portfolio into illustration and characters because I found it more neat and it was too long to be together (I like to keep my portfolio at around 30 artworks).
Thank you so so much in advance for taking the time and effort!!