My E A Poe Works

• I'm limited on my time this month, so these are rushed. I wanted to contribute to the community and enter so needs must as they say. :p
    The motifs are very expected but I hope I have breathed some life into them; regardless I hope you guys and gals enjoy them.

~Nightseye

First Edition and Submitted Entry

Second Edition

• So cool, I like the first one best!

• @Thrace-Shirley-Mears Many thanks ❤

• I like this "simple" concept--great colors, they really pop!

• @mattramsey Thanks so glad you like them.

~Nightseye x

• Hello Nightseye -welcome to the forum! - I have been a little hesitant to give my thoughts in case I am missing something obvious - but here goes - ...I really want to see something in the negative space - ...I keep going over it and wondering if it is something and I am not seeing it...but I don't think I am...I think..... - what I mean is the shape made by the crows head and wings - it is begging to be something Poe related...sadly I cannot come up with an answer as to what it should be..... so if there is something there and I just am not reading the shape I apologize - and also feel free to disregard - it does look good as is - I lean toward the first one as my favorite.

• really really cool! With the exception of that watermark!! please take that out of there! Repost once that is out of there.

The watermark may make you feel safe, but it's not great protection from illegal usage and typically only amateur artists use the watermark. Go to will's site, or jakes site, or any professional and 99% of them never use a watermark.

• @Lee-White said:

The watermark may make you feel safe, but it's not great protection from illegal usage and typically only amateur artists use the watermark. Go to will's site, or jakes site, or any professional and 99% of them never use a watermark.

Yes!

I love the first one - reminds me of Olly Moss where he sneaks in things like an artistic ninja.

Ace

• @Kevin-Longueil Hey, and thanks for the feedback. If it were a painting I would put something in there, but the space is left for the text of the book cover. So I 100% agree with your insight, if it was a standalone piece of art.
    ~ llap Nightseye

• @Lee-White Hey and thanks for the advice. I thought they were standard, but thinking about you are so right. 😣 ~ Many thanks

~llap Nightseye

• This is very clever idea! but the shape of the raven head is not very convincing to me. Correct me if i'm wrong because I have not read all his story yet, maybe it's another type of bird I don't know of.

• @Naroth-Kean You are not wrong, its more generic than realistic, as is the curve of the wing. It was a style choice, I'm not sure it works as well as I had hoped. Thanks for feedback, its hard to be subjective about ones own work, and things can be missed or read very differently by the viewer.
    ~ llap Nightseye