October 3rd Thurs: Progress

• Hi everyone! First time posting here, although I submitted a piece last mouth - which I'm so happy got to the top half! 😃 I thought I'd get more involved in the community here on SVS!

So here's my progress so far for October's, still in the thumb-nailing phase, although got a few ideas and compositions standing out to me - I'd love to know what anyone else thinks! (:

01.jpg

02.jpg

• Wow, you are full of creative ideas. My favorite thumbnails are 5 and 6.
    Nice perspective to see "Ostrich" as the name of the aircraft. Although, I find seeing "Ostrich" as an ostrich gives more funny scenes... 🙂

• I also played with the idea of having the air craft named 'Ostrich' but haven't decided. These are all great. I like 7, 10 and F. Look forward to seeing how it progresses!

• I really like numbers 8 and 10 along with Letter F. Those are really interesting comps to me. Can't wait to see more.

• Thanks for the feedback guys! It's much appreciated 😃

Think I agree with you @Jana about having an ostrich in these scenarios is really funny! xD

• these are so awesome! hehe, i briefly played with the idea of a critter named Ostrich, something ferrett-like, as Buck from Ice Age 3...complete with simon pegg's accent hehe. I really like 5...the comment about adding a goat made me giggle 🙂

• Wow, love your design and idea. your little storyboard/thumbnails are fantastic, great stuff. Cant wait to see what you do.

• @Lynn-Larson said:

these are so awesome! hehe, i briefly played with the idea of a critter named Ostrich, something ferrett-like, as Buck from Ice Age 3...complete with simon pegg's accent hehe. I really like 5...the comment about adding a goat made me giggle 🙂

The only thing with #5 is: I feel like it may be less "Hey Ostrich is flying!" and more "Hey Ostrich is falling to his death!"

So, in that sense, I like #6 a lot better. #10 is really great too!

• @mattramsey agreed, but I have a sick sense of humor lol. You could try something like that with Ostrich closer to the bottom and swooping away. They are all great!

• Thanks for all your comments guys! 😃 Apologies for the absence, but I hope you like what I've been up to!

Firstly I should note - being from a animation background I'm trying to develop the characters for my portfolio, it's given me time to think about each animal, their personality, and dig into their design.

So I'm going with something like the composition #10 (above). In a bathtub and balloon for an aircraft, escaping from a safari taxidermist or coming out an abandoned old house (again in the safari) ~ not quite sure just this minute!

02.jpg

04.jpg

01.jpg

03.jpg

05.jpg

Now the majority of design work is done I'm confident to have the final piece ready soon - I can't believe the deadline's next week, the month's gone so fast! (:

• I love your character designs for this. Especially the Zebra. To me the Wilde beast seems to be the character that just doesn't fit. I feel that if you pushed his facial design a bit more like the zebra and giraffe with the more narrow nose, it would tie into the story/theme a bit more. But other than that I think everything looks awesome and I really like your stylistic approach. Can't wait to see more.

• Caricaturing animals is my favourite thing to do and you knocked it outta the park! I love those designs!

Ace

• These are awesome! Nice work!!

• Great animal design! Looking forward to the completed design!

• Hardcore 😃 designs are great. Love the minisketch of animals in the bathtub. Keep it up!

• Your animal character designs are really fantastic. I am so looking forward to seeing this completed piece!!

• You've really put a lot of thought into the planning, which is how it should be. Definitely see the progression of character designs and how they are coming to life! Will you be posting a sketch/color value before the finished piece... or are you going to surprise and WOW us with the final? Can't wait to see this one!!

• Thank you all for the support! 😃

I've been so busy over this last week it's insane! I'm thinking my plan for next month is to get it finished a week ahead ~lets see how that goes!

I can see what you mean Ben (wouldn't let me tag you?! D:) I've tried to change the gnu's face shape in the the version below! (:

So here's a rough / getting done version - plan to do some more tonight and little tomorrow before the deadline!

Lemme know what you think and I'll see if I can fit any changes in -hopefully next month I'll get things together quicker! 😨

Untitled-4_web.jpg

• Just noticed that there's no string / line attaching the bathtub to the ballon in this version -- but there will! xD