Help transitioning to digital please! Best tablets to use?

• I had a Wacom that plugged into the computer and it was OK.

I also tried out a Yiynova (a lesser expensive Cintiq type tablet) and it was well worth the money ($400 us). But, I returned it after a month since for me it was cumbersome always connecting it and disconnecting it since I use my iMac for various types of work.

I'm going to go with an iPad pro. Not sure if I'll purchase the newest model that was released a week ago or the previous model.

• Affinity photo( photo shop alternative) just released a version specially built for ipad pro it is only £19 at the minute.I used a bamboo for years and I was so used to looking at the computer screen I am still looking at it Instead of the cintque so it was a waste of money for me.

• Pro SVS OG

@NoWayMe I feel exactly like you, and use my iPadPro a lot. However, there are a few things that prevent me from using it professionally.

• No CYMK mode in ProCreate. When you work for print, clients sometimes want the files in CYMK. Since CYMK handles color in such a different way, I then prefer to create the art directly in CYMK rather than convert at the end and have surprises;
    • ProCreate is not Photoshop. When it comes to layer modes, adjustments and masking, it is just no match. I have never tried Astropad though (maybe I should!), but,
    • The working area is just too small. Even without all the Photoshop menus, working on large images in an area of just 12 inches feels cramped.
    • I often work with multiple software at the same time - the browser for references for example. The fact that the iPad does not support side-by-side applications (size aside) is a major drawback for me.
      That said, I still use the iPadPro a lot for thumb-nailing, sketching and for nearly all of my non-client work - and it is an awesome tool!!

• I only use an Ipad Pro. Everything on my SVBWI profile is done with the pro outside of the violinist on the roof, which I am going to redo digitally.

I have never used photoshop, and really don't want to have to spend so much money just to try it out. At this time I do not even own a desktop, let alone a cintiq. However, I might be forced to do so in the near future.

• The working area is just too small. Even without all the Photoshop menus, working on large images in an area of just 12 inches feels cramped.

That's legitimate but when i used my Yinova, the working area of a 20" screen, was almost the same area of an iPad pro.

• I often work with multiple software at the same time - the browser for references for example. The fact that the iPad does not support side-by-side applications (size aside) is a major drawback for me.

The iPad does support side by side application windows. In iOS 11 (beta right now) it will even support drag and drop from window to window.

• intous pro medium just take little bit of time to get use to but when used to it its the best 😃
    easy to carry around all day. full baterry doesnt spend your macbook's battery 😃

• @TessW thanks, this was super helpful. I have a chronic pain condition and a muscle dysfunction disorder so I cramp up and can only do 10-15 minutes work at a time, and often if I overdo things I need to rest for days or weeks to recover. So this is definitely a factor I need to consider!!

• @DOTTYP thank you! I'm in Australia... the prices are so much higher here for everything thanks to our crappy exchange rate!! I will be looking at near on $1,500 for a new model pro and Apple Pencil 😬 Big purchase!

• @NoWayMe lol you definitely need to start earning commissions!! 😂 How could anyone argue with a review THAT good? Thanks for the feedback

• @jaq Sorry to hear that it is very expensive anyway,i dont know if I can justify the expense out of my own budget.

• This post is deleted!