September 3rd Thursday WiP

• Here is where i am so far.

This is my list walkthrough. No cool little sketches, just talking it out to myself hehe. oops, even got toes in there o.O

I forgot to get the pic of my thumbnails page 😕

I scanned it to my comp, and took two that i liked the best, blew them up to 8x11 and lightened them, then printed them off to draw and see which I like better.

I'm still not sure which way i'm going, even though one is my original thought the first time i read the prompt!

• I like the way you think and work, very logical!

• @Steve-Young This is a new process for me. The last one i just jumped in, and I'm still working on it in a way. We will see how it goes hehe

• Excellent! I'm so glad we'll be bumbling through the forest of untested methods at the same time xD

• Nice process! It's better to plan things out well at first before going to the art straight on. Good luck! Looking forward to see your final piece!

• @Lynn-Larson I'll be following with interest. Can't wait to see where you take this 🙂

• So i played with my two exploded thumbnails. First story was a tribe of bunnies celebrating after a successful "hunt" ...they were hunting in Charly's mom's garden. The second was Charly stumbled upon a pond deep in the forest, with a mermaid who's voice was so beautiful the fish danced on top of the water when she sang.

The bunnies won lol...maybe it was the beginning of Hooked on a Feeling that i kept hearing!

Started cleaning up the rough and redrawing with a blue col-erase. This is where i am now.

Comments and critiques welcome!

• @Lynn-Larson ooga chaka ooga chaka. This is so much fun. I love all the movement and the sense of depth, as well as the way you've used the foreground to frame the image.

Charly's left leg/butt cheek looks a little off to me. I think it would overlap his right a bit, rather than joining in the middle. Similarly, I think the T where his left arm joins his torso would overlap the opposite way, so his arm appears to be in front (or else, if it is behind, for his elbow to be higher).

• @Maile-McCarthy ooh...good point on the t-shirt. I thought I had the butt worked out, but I'll work on it a bit more. I agree it's off lol

• I really love the bunny folks idea, they are adorable. What I would do is to move Charly to a bit hidden position or turn the bunny lord a bit so he is not facing Charly directly unless it is ntended.

• This is great! I like both designs a lot, but something about fish dancing really makes me smile. I love the character design of the main bunny. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

• @Naroth-Cow Hmmm...didn't realize the line of site. I tried to hide Charly more, but then it looked like he couldn't see what was going on. Now I need to think on what I want to do with it. It is the king bunny, so he would know if someone was in his forest.

@joanie-stone I liked the fish dancing too, but the king bunny popped into my head as soon as I read the prompt, so I had a feeling he would win lol. Maybe another prompt will come up that I can use it, or someone else will run with it 🙂

• @Lynn-Larson FUN FUN FUN! maybe you can try to make more of a circle of bunnies around the chief. Than he becomes the main character, which he should be.(he's great!)

• @Leontine-Gaasenbeek I considered that, but i kinda want him just watching his tribe celebrate. I have a hole in the middle in the back, so maybe i will work some more bunnies so they end up going around him.

Here is my progress so far, now it's scanned in and i can start working digital. My process seemed sketch sketch sketch tangent...dammit erase erase erase - rinse and repeat lol. I fixed Charly's butt and t-shirt, now to process the other stuff

• @Lynn-Larson Those vines (snakes?) around the branches are a great addition; they really pull me into the scene. And the veggies seem like a great story element. So fun!

(also-- Charly's butt is lookin' good, heh)

• @Maile-McCarthy Thanks! Yes, they are vines, they will need some love to not read so snakey....I will probably add some leaves or blossoms 🙂

• Love it, great job so far!

• Well it's not letting me edit my last response so I am adding my opinion after read some comments. I wouldn't add any more bunnies I think your composition is great the way it is, anymore might make it to cramped feeling.

• @Thrace-Shirley-Mears Thank you! I'm excited to start painting! I have been unable to edit responses lately too

• Did some quick color studies...not sure which i like the best. Any opinions? I'm leaning towards one of them, just curious if others feel the same 🙂