Astrid - WIP

• oh and I wanted to include a version with the text (though I don't know much about graphic design and typography, it is still interesting to me to visualize what it might look like. I am not sure which to submit to the contest - with or without the text - I think I am leaning to without.
    Astrid 3 with Text smaller.jpg

• Much better, well done it looks more polished.

• SVS OG

@Jeszika-Lee I am having that same problem with the colors showing up dramatically different on my wacom vs my laptop for example it drives me crazy too!

You updated piece came out great. I really love the use of the purples and reds and the soft glow of the flower the the alien octopus is holding to try and lure Astrid over.

I also really enjoy the body position (arms especially) you put Astrid in. It really gives that sense of her being unsure and trying to sneak past.

Really nice job!

• You have really improved the image. I really like the glow coming from the red flower.

• @Steve-Young Thank you!

@Rich-Green Yeah - I had no idea how important calibrating my monitor was. I just bought a 'spyderpro' calibrator and it really helped. The laptop picture actually looks really nice now - though the ugee is still off a little I think. Apparently (I just learned this a few days ago) laptops' graphic card don't support being able to calibrate 2 monitors properly. So, that might be part of the trouble. But yeah, apparently laptop monitors, uncalibrated, tend to be overly bright and very cool temp to the colors. So I would highly recommend calibrating it. And thanks for the feedback on my painting as well! 🙂

@Rob-Smith Thanks! 🙂 That is great to hear! And I have to thank Samuel for giving me the idea to make the flower glow. That was really helpful!

• SVS OG

Love it! - the lighting is great - i like how i am searching the subtle features of the octopus to find if it is trying to make a new friend or is looking for a bit of a snack - makes you want to turn the page and see what happens next! - looks finished and looks great!

• @Kevin-Longueil Thanks! lol I was thinking friend not snack 🙂 but you never know! lol

• @Jeszika-Lee Looks great, how did it go? I've missed the critique hour.

• Congrats!

• @Leontine-Gaasenbeek Thank you! They picked some really nice pieces! Mine wasn't one of them - but it was really interesting to see how they critiqued each one and I thought it was really insightful. I got a lot of good ideas out of it.

@Steve-Young lol - I'm not sure what I am being congratulated for - but I will accept it 🙂 Thanks!