3rd Thursday entry and speed painting process

• Hello all. Here is my entry. Also, if you would like to see the speed painting you can find it on my youtube channel. (kai satoshi)
    I wrote and played a small piece of guitar music so the music you hear in the video is me playing. I'm not great at sound recording 😞 sorry.
    Also, if you would like to check out my last month's entry it is also on the channel but I will include the link below.
    AND... if any of you have a youtube channel then I would love to subscribe! Give me your link and I will subscribe! I plan on trying to record all my entries into this contest as well as other paintings I do. Thanks for the support guys! and I'd love to return the favor :). Hope you enjoy.
    Apri Competition
    https://youtu.be/-SLgG_lZ9_w
    Show and Tell Competition
    https://youtu.be/kulJA5f64jo

0_1461160253139_Star Repair_forum.jpg

• @kai-satoshi This is an amazing piece! I really enjoyed watching both of your video and I think your song was just beautiful; you are very talented!! In your "show and tell" illustration did you use Illustrator too? I hope you do well tonight, good luck!

• Great work and great video. It's cool to see your process and how you make edits to your work to get the final look.

• @Thrace Thank you very much :). For both paintings I used Photoshop CS6 for all of it. I do the sketch in photoshop too. I absolutely love watching how other people do their paintings so I thought I might show mine and hope someone would enjoy them :). Thanks for the well wishes! Good luck to you also :).

• @HaHernandez Thanks a lot :). I'm very glad you took the time to look at them and even happier that you enjoyed them :). Thanks!

• I watched video maybe 5-6 times (wish it was slower - some things are too fast to catch 🙂 - it is so fun to watch - you have a very interesting working process. If I saw correctly - all process took about 10 hours (in 2 days)?

Final illustration is amazing - beautiful composition, characters and colors, and such a cute scene. Also - your rendering looks like some plasticine/clay model! 🙂 Great job, hope you'll be selected as winner. 🙂

• @Modra Thanks so much for watching :). I jump around a lot when I'm painting, maybe its A.D.D. or something. The amount of time on the painting alone (not sketch) was between 5 and 6 hours. If you watch my clock there will be time jumps where I'm either on the phone or I have to leave the computer so I paused the recording, but yes, I did work on it for a couple of days during that period. I hate when you have those days where it takes you 5 hours to get one hour of work in lol. I think right now I am better at figuring out problems during the painting than I am in the sketch... or maybe I enjoy painting more than sketching so I like to jump in :).
    Thank you so much for the compliments :). I love that compliment that you think my rendering looks like plasticine/clay model. 🙂
    If you get bored I have another speed process on my youtube from a previous competition here. I believe it was the February contest. "Love"
    Anyway, if you are interested the link is below. Again... Thank you :).
    https://youtu.be/vFClZBI1nLM

• Great, thanks for the link! 🙂