March Third Thursday

• I think I put this on the wrong forum so, here it is again. Comments? Suggestions?

Haven brought the baby without permission.jpg

• I like the color choices you've made!

There are a couple of things that come up, one is the girl looks like she is too old for show and tell, but she is in a young looking classroom. If you shrink her and shorten her legs she won't look so much like a teenager. Her feet are on a strange angle too. The way she is holing the baby is great though and you can really see the weight.

Another issue I see is the angle of the teacher's upper body. I can see what you were going for, but it feels pretty off, maybe try not putting both shoulders on the same line.

Hope that helps!

• Hello Marsha 🙂 First thing is you did a really nice job drawing that stroller those wheels at different angles are really hard to draw. I like the idea you have here but I think the image is a little static and you may want to change up the angle of the scene to add some interest in get a better focal point. I did a quick thumbnail to show how I might change things up. You should do a bunch of these and try to get different angles until you find one that you really like. Try to overlap things to give the image some depth. revisioin.jpg Also remember that Will Terry asked for a spot illustration so you need to get rid of the solid borders and have the image fade into a white background.

• Thanks! Oh, I didn't know about the spot illustration. I just looked at the prompt a while ago and decided last minute to give it a go. Thanks! I appreciate your feedback. I didn't do a thumbnail.....there's where I need to remember that thumbnails aren't just for books but single illustrations too....that would have saved me a lot of time. Thanks for the reminder.

• @bharris Yes, helpful. Thank you so much! Looks like I have work to do 🙂

• @Marsha-Kay-Ottum-Owen I just finished the creative composition course and did I use the checklist? NO! Back to the drawing board...that's what I get. 🙂

• @bharris

@evilrobot

Is this a better composition? I really wanted to keep the side view of Haven because it's easier to show the size of the baby and how hard it is to carry him. I shrunk the girl, changed the teacher altogether and put the stroller behind a bit. I didn't add anymore details at this point. Trying to keep it simple for a spot illustration but might add a bit to help the composition if I can't do it with color.Haven part 2.jpg

Well, I need to move that one foot again. I keep putting it too close to the front one....aaaahhhh!!! Do you think I should add lines indicating the wall and floor, maybe a corner instead of a straight line like I did before? Is this a bad point of view?? I didn't follow the rules again!

• @Marsha-Kay-Ottum-Owen Haven3.jpg

I fixed the foot at least.....