Really liking the concept right above the colored one at the bottom. The messing around with scale feels refreshing! Good luck with the remaining buildings
Posts made by gdbee
RE: Would love to give a critique
Hi Will, thanks for giving us this opportunity :)
If I may, here's something to throw in the ring. I was proud of it last month but now it feels too empty in some parts and too full in others and everything feels too sharp? I'm not sure how to balance things out
RE: Do I need to make a website?
I feel that websites are important. If anything, it makes your name more searchable, and you can take how you want your artwork presented into your own hands. It's sort of like your own "home" while other social media and art sites are like rented spaces. There's plenty of free options, and Squarespace is simple and incredibly easy.
Amazing caricatures by the way!
RE: December 3rd Thursday: Ask us Anything!
Thank you for this and hope you don't mind an SVS newbie asking q's! Have not seen many videos yet, so apologies if these have already been answered:
- Would an agency be worth it if you are being contacted by a steady stream of art directors already?
- Does having an agent sometimes unintentionally feel like having a "boss," or feeling like your assignment has to impress both the art director and the agent no matter what?
- Are website "splash" pages (those pages that say "enter here" before showing any site content) a deterrent for art directors, or would be okay to use/set you apart from other portfolios?
- Would lightbox-style viewers or horizontal scrolling on portfolio websites also be a deterrent?
- Do you have any tips for if your artwork just isn't turning out how you'd like it, despite numerous attempts?
- What are your favorite tools or set ups that help with your everyday drawing?
- With the new tax climate approaching, would it be worth it to become an LLC or more?