@tessw it worked!
it's really weird as all documents show the same color profile under edit ->color settings but they're actually different
very good to know for next time
Posts made by audrey dowling
Saving in Photoshop - technical mistery
I have a technical question for you
I have been asked by my agent to do a promotional image for their social websites. They gave me 3 photoshop files, with different sizes and a few differences in the layout but the technical specifics are the same.
I did my image on one of them and then dragged the layers on the other 2 to adapt to the different sizes.
So I didn't change anything about the files and I saved them all in the same way. For the background colour, I used the handpicking tool, I even checked the reference of the colour so it would be the same on the 3 files... everything looked perfect.
And bingo! when I saved the 3 files as jpeg files, one of them (the one I drew the illustration on) has a slightly different background colour to the other 2. This is a case on any screen and softwares I looked them on
Has this issue ever happened to you? Any idea how to fix it?
RE: How to draw everyday
sorry if I repeat what others have said, I don't have time to read all the replies. but here are a few things I do (on top of my head):
- draw what's in front of you (even if it's boring. once you start, you might find yourself tweaking what you see to make it look more interesting, that's when creativity comes out)
- do anatomy studies (hands, feet, nose, preferably what you need to improve). I love this website to practice and sketch https://line-of-action.com/
- keep a list of things you would like to draw, styles or media you would like to try: whenever you look at other people's work, you probably think "oh I'd like to try this some day", so whenever you think of something, write it down, because when you have no inspiration, these ideas never come up then!
- do master copies and value/composition studies: any artist you admire, work that caught your attention, do it. a pinterest account is great for that, you can pin whenever you see something and come back to it later, when you need it
- practice drawing a character consistently: you can go back on a character you've drawn before and draw it from different angles, face expressions etc...
eventually, something will come out of that: whether is unblocking your creativity, improving your skills or creating something new and exciting
Giuseppe Castellano recently gave an art tip on twitter, that I really liked:
• Buy a cheap sketchbook.
• Title it: Bad Drawings Only
• Use a cheap pen/pencil.
• Draw freely
Stories on the wall
Hi everyone, I'm starting a new piece (vignette?) for which I love the concept and I don't want to mess up the execution
Here's a recurring character of mine, a little girl called Mina, reading with her grand-father but the paintings on the wall tell as many stories as the book does (see side notes cause nothing's very clear yet)
I would love to get your feedback on this composition. I know that centered and straight on is usually not the best choice, but I feel that this concept kind of requires it: as simple as possible, to make the stories in the paintings the main focus of the piece. what do you think?
RE: I want to learn to draw and paint the "Will Terry style", but subscribed and confused what to watch
Hi, here are some courses that I suggest you should start with:
working with color
painting in photoshop
10 step digital painting
the last one, especially, is a must to understand Will's process.
and to go further:
mixed media watercolor and digital
painting color and light
RE: Time Management for Artists (Make $$ in Illustration After-Class)
Interesting post, I will check the apps and softwares you mentioned.
I work on PC and use chrome
For task management, I use producteev. I find it easy to sort out different categories and easy to see what I have to do
To avoid social media and other distracting sites, I use a chrome app called stayfocused. you can set it to your liking. I allow myself 1 hour of social media sites every day. After that they are blocked
And the tomato timer for when I need to time myself
RE: The 12 Sleighs of Christmas Book Cover Process
amazing! it's great to see everything explained step by step, thank you @Jake-Parker !
it might be a silly question but for a "big" change in the design like the banner from steps 6 to 7, do you ink it digitally or do you go back to traditional inking/scanning/editing/incorporating it to your illustration?
I'm curious, as I can't draw digitally on the intuos and I find it very time consuming to re-draw/scan/edit/incorporate all the changes that I do (certainly a lot more than you, with your skill and experience)
RE: Skulduggery Pleasant illustration
thanks @Laurie . yes, struggle is the word.
Looking back, I'm sure I have improved over the last year but it's still so painful for me to color an illustration
Here it is tonight. I'm going to let it sit for a day now and look at it with fresh eyes later, but I'm not too displeased with the result so far (I'm saying this now and I could hate it in 2 days ^_^ )