August 3rd Thursday: Astrid wasn't alone!

• Prompt

"Astrid cautiously stepped out of the craft onto soft spongy turf. Though she didn't see anything she had a deep sense that she wasn't alone."
    Rules

One entry per person
    jpeg images only
    Images should not be larger than 2000 pixels in the long dimension
    Label your jpeg with your name (ex: joeSmith.jpg)
    Illustrations that do not fit the category or prompt will not be considered.
    You grant the right to display your artwork on www.svslearn.com

Submission

Images must be submitted before 12:00 noon EST August 20th 2015
    Images must be sent to svslearninfo@gmail.com for consideration
    In the email please include your Instagram and Twitter username (we want to tag the winners)
    Posting your image in the forum is a great way to get feedback leading up to the competition

How it works:

The day after each 3rd Thursday competition we will announce a NEW illustration prompt for the following month. Anyone may enter - you don’t need permission - just start creating. We will accept submissions up to 12:00 noon EST (That’s 9:00AM for California) on the 3rd Thursday of the month. At 11:00PM EST we will critique 5 of the best submissions on that same 3rd Thursday in our online GoToMeeting classroom. It is free for anyone to join in and watch us critique each image according to design/composition standards and appropriate storytelling principles and intended category. We will provide the joining information at a later date so check back on our Facebook page for updates: https://www.facebook.com/schoolofvisualstorytelling

Out of the 5 entries we pick for critique we will award 3 of them with two free classes of their choice. Once someone has won they will not be eligible to have their work critiqued or win the store credit for one year - giving more artists the chance to win.

Our goal for this competition is to give you real world assignments that will help you add relevant artwork to your portfolio that will hopefully help you land assignment work from publishers. You will be able to pick up many tips and tricks by attending our monthly critique sessions online for free. Good luck and we’ll look forward to seeing your creations in May!

• Oh - this is such a fun prompt! I have so many ideas! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

• This will be fun!
    question: In the prompt you use the word 'craft' ,what do you mean by that (cant find the translation)

• @Leontine-Gaasenbeek Here is the dictionary definition for this use of the word "craft":

craft

a) a small boat, a fishing craft

We saw many fishing boats and pleasure craft [boats used for pleasure rather than work] on the bay.

b) an airplane, helicopter, or spacecraft

The craft landed safely despite engine trouble.

— see also hovercraft, landing craft

• @Rich-Green thank you so much Rich! This is really helpfull for a non-native speaker!

• I've got that excitement you feel on xmas eve as a child. Love this prompt.

• Who Ill have to work on it soon!

• Such an exciting prompt! I Immediately had in mind what I want to do! Half sketched already :)

• My idea is well on the way!

• Can't wait to see what you guys come up with for this one!!!

• Fun idea! Can't wait to start on this!

• So excited about this one! I've been working on it and want to share, but want to wait too lol

• Wish I could join, but i got bunch of stuff working at the same time. Trying to get a website up for myself!
    Good luck and I can't wait to see what people have come up with.

• There is always nexttime!

• Well then, I shall begin: Astrid the Astronaut arrives to a strange planet with even stranger inhabitants... hovercats!

AstridAndCat6.jpg

• There is a lot to like about that one! Nice!

• @Jiří-Kůs Really nice! Very fun idea :)

• I'll add mine to the thread as well! :) Can't wait to see what everyone is coming up with!

link text

• Here is mine for the thread. Everyone's work is looking so good!!

• Adding mine to this thread too... looking great everyone!