Joy Dec 3rd Thursday

• I submit this somewhat sheepishly as so many of you are finished/near finished and I'm at the very beginning stages. But I'm trying to conquer the myriad of excuses I come up with daily and not asking for help because I'm "behind" is a lousy excuse. So here goes... Here are 4 basic sketches. Which concept should I push further? Thanks!
    sketches.jpg

• @Joy-Heyer I like #2

• I like 2 & 4. Really nice compositions!

• Number two makes a lot of scene to me, maybe include another character like in #4?

Good for you for pushing through! There are a lot of excuses in life, we're only human!

• I like 3 & 4, as I'm assuming you were doing daytime in 1 & 2. 4 is a more complete scene, you could also reverse the angle, making Santa bigger and the girl and house smaller. And welcome to the party! You're late, but you still have till the 17th...

• I really like the silhouette in #2.

• @Joy-Heyer My vote would be for either #2 or #4 - I think they could both really make for nice pieces!

• Love this concept! My vote goes to #2, with #4 my second favourite. You could use the idea from #4 (a child catching a present) and place it in the window in #2, which would combine the concepts but with the child less prominent and keep focus on Santa which I think is going to provide the biggest 'ahhh' factor. Also with that the child could be stretching up to catch the present which I think would be a stronger way to compose it. (just an idea though :-)

I think the idea of Santa drifting over the rooftops distributing presents is really romantic and magical - a really great concept and I am looking forward to seeing the next version! Keep pushing forward with it, it will be worth it :-)

• these are very nice composition. I really like number 4 maybe number 1 as well because I can see it can be very dynamic

• Agree with Naroth - these are all very good! - but if i had to pick two that were the most interesting they would be 1 and 4 - really nice compositions Joy!

• #4 and #1 would be my vote. I did like #2 as well. They all have possibilities.

• Love #2,
    If you could pull santa's whole balloon up above the horizon line, or make the horizon line lower in #4, that one would be perfect! (sort of like combining 3 &4)
    Good luck! It looks rad!