Dream Portfolio (Style Class)

• Finally got to watch the class on finding your style. Its super interesting. I was very ready to dive into the homework of building a dream portfolio. I've never sorted through all the art I love to separate out the things that are specifically in the direction I want to go. I put together some collages with my 20 pieces. The earliest pieces that I remember getting lost in were Arthur Rackham and Mercer Mayer's fairy tales. I remember studying their work for hours at a very young age and trying to copy what I saw.

What do they all have in common... Some of them are very sketchy, they tend to have either subtle or glowy color. I think on Jake's style wheel, they move away from graphic/symbolic and more toward the realistic/stylized. Any other similarities you all can spot? I'm not up on all the art terms, so I have a hard time putting into words what I'm looking at. @Lee-White Any thoughts?

0_1523742949976_IMG_6716.JPG
    Artists: (clockwise from top left)Kim JiHyuck, Quentin Greban, Daniela Jaglenka Terrazzini, Luc Desmarchelier, Alphonse Mucha, Taupe Syuka
    0_1523742915889_IMG_6723.JPG
    Margret Morales, Jenny Yu, Tony DiTerlizzy, Pascal Campion, GianLuca Garofalo
    0_1523742970725_IMG_6724.JPG
    David Ortu, Song of the Sea Concept Unknown, Loish, Trina Schart Hyman, Cory Godbey
    0_1523742988342_IMG_6730.JPG
    0_1523743432032_IMG_6730.JPG
    Julia Sarda, Jean-Baptiste Monge, Arthur Rackham, Mercer Mayer

Looks like your connection to SVS Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.