Greetings from a New Student

• Hello! I've recently started taking some of the classes here at SVSLearn, as part of my self-education resources and goals. I've been drawing since junior high but have a problem with practicing consistently. My lack of practice and not really stretching has left me at a technical and creative plateau. You can see my stuff at my Tumblr.

My goal is to learn and practice as much as I can through focused study over the next year (and continued practice over beyond). My interests lie in storytelling, so you'll probably see sequential art and illustrations with a focus on telling a story.

I just finished watching Jake Parker's How to Ink course, and am working on the exercises. I'm figuring out my next course.

I look forward to posting stuff here, sharing and getting feedback, and getting better.

• Hi Asatira! Welcome to the forum :-) (I am very new here too). It's great to have somewhere to chat and share with others who love storytelling. Looking forward to seeing your work.

• Welcome to the forum!

• Hello and welcome.
    I look forward seeing your work and hope we can all help each other move forward with our art.
    See you on the forums ~Nightseye

• Thank you for the warm greetings! I'll do my best to be active and helpful.

• @Asatira Glad to have you join :) I watched Jake's Inking course as well. It got me inspired. And then I realized how much farther I have to go, lol.

• @shinjifujioka: I agree. I've drawn a lot, but haven't really considered how to take advantage of the inking medium. I forgot how many textures you can achieve.

• Welcome, @Asatira!
    Practising consistently is a problem I had too, until last year. Before I started to work at an office, I could skip days without drawing a single line and be okay with it. As I started to work 40h/week drawing, I can't think of a single day without drawing.

It's just a matter of developing the right habit and mindset and in no time it will come as naturally as workout for some people. :)

And I'm pretty sure that with the people around here always eager to help and discuss, you'll be motivated to keep moving on!