3rd Thrusday Finished piece.

• Well I think I finished this piece. It has a lot more texture than my last piece and hope that it's not overwhelming. Colors to muddy? Too dark? Thoughts?

KatrinaFowler_Ostrich_100dpi.jpg

• Hi Katrina, Love the look and feel. its a lovely piece. I also love the structure you use .
    It might be fun to ad some warm highlights on the ostrich' head. up to the contest!

• Thank you for your comment. It's so lovely when people take the time to do that! LOL! That is a great suggestion for the ostrich head. I'm burnt on this piece and need to take a day off from looking at it. Thank you again! ~ Katrina

@Leontine said:

Hi Katrina, Love the look and feel. its a lovely piece. I also love the structure you use .
    It might be fun to ad some warm highlights on the ostrich' head. up to the contest!

• I really like your color palette! hehe, the poor monkey lost his ice cream. I recommend darkening the elephant a bit. He's light and really pulls the eye. Love the expression on the ostrich!

• I love the texture and the underpainting coming through in this one. Nice job

• Wow! What a dynamic piece! I love the texture and color choice, There is so much going on here and your characters have a lot of personality. Very well done. If I were to lighten anything, I would probably lighten up the sky area where the text sits on. You have black font on a a darkish blue sky it may be difficult for some to read it.

• Lovely piece, I like all the different expressions of the animals, and Ostrich looks so pleased with himself :-)