Oct. 3rd Thursday WIP

• I wasn't going to do the 3rd Thursday this month but with wanting to experiment with the KyleBrush watercolor brush I was able to whip this up today. Lets hope all the inking of Inktober doesn't keep me from finishing.
    ostrich028.jpg

• Awesome! I love the crash helmet hehe

• So as usual I scrapped my original painting. There were things I liked and then things I hated about this piece. I liked the look of the fox and using the watercolor brush to color, but overall something didn't feel right about it.

Then I watched @lee-white s visual storytelling class.

It really helped change my perspective and on what I wanted to do to visually represent not only the story but myself as an artist. The worst thing to me is to finish a piece, look at it, and think I wouldn't enjoy this if it weren't mine. So I went back to the drawing board.

I also picked up more Kylebrushes (which are phenomenal).

And finally I came up with a visual that I was happy and proud of. I hope you enjoy as much as I do.

benjhutchisonOct15.jpg

• Obviously this is more finished than the first piece but even still--this is a much better/more interesting idea. I think you have improved on just about every aspect of the original (color, composition, form, etc.).

Nice job!

• @Ben-J-Hutchison well done! love the 'ancient' look. love the composition!

• Gorgeous color! Nicely done :)