WIP? Latest watercolor

• I think this is done but.....I always tend to make everything very flat in my paintings. My son reminded me of that when I asked for his thoughts.

Any little tweaks I can make to round things out? or should I just leave it as is and learn on something else? Thanks!

0_1511130583994_IMG_20171119_141613.jpg

It's due on Tuesday.

• Try this. Desaturated the image (use your phone and mess with it s bit), then shrink it down to very tiny. Does it’s till read well? Where could you deepen area or brighten areas? Thin layers of watercolour on top of deeper shades - just a single stroke then allow to dry - or lifting off to lighten.

You could also try printing off a colour copy and just go in with a black pen - try some different thicknesses, brush pen, and do some outlining to see how that looks.

• I love the giant! I think if you started doing some strong lights and dark.....Example would be all the sides of the house kinda have the same value, the giant would cast a shadow by his hand, and more shading on his face, the people behind the rock......I think you ad some more shading it will really help the depth, great characters!

• @andyg Thanks! Great ideas. I'll use my phone and try it out.

• @bennyschmidt12 Thanks. I will work on that. Need to be a little more fearless :-) But, using th ephone to look at it frst or printing it off as Andyg said should really help too.

Looks like your connection to SVS Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.