My Astrid

• I had a totally different take on this prompt I immediately thought of arts and crafts. So, my Astrid is leaving her craft to find out new things about her world. I would love your thoughts on any improvements I can make before submitting this. Thanks!

• I really like your out-of-the-box thinking on this prompt. Your digital render is also well done. What is the light source? A window? A lamp? Great job!

• @Thrace-Shirley-Mears Wow this brought back some fun memories from being a kid and using construction paper and cans to make little animals and other characters. So much fun going on here! Love the concept and play on craft. And of course I love that she is stepping onto a real sponge!

• @Rob-Smith Thank you! The light source is coming through the door from another room.

• @Rich-Green Thanks Rich! I love your sponge too!!

• Really creative idea! I love all the different characters you made in there with the crafts supplies. Really fun!

• @Jeszika-Lee Thank you so much!

• Wonderful peice, really like what you have done.

• This idea is so cool and those characters are so much fun.

• @Naroth-Cow Thank you!

• @Steve-Young Thanks!

• Hi There trace, I love your different approach of this months prompt! The colors are so bright and lively! the character is very cute.

• @Leontine-Gaasenbeek Thank you very much!

• Thrace this looks very good! - great take on the prompt - the only question i have critique wise is are those real eyes looking in through a dark window or is there a poster of eyes on the wall - i originally read all of the little craft creatures as fulfilling the "Wasn't alone" part of the prompt and only after a few views did i think maybe the window was supposed to be the hidden element .... it works either way ... but since we are here for feedback i thought i should share that did like it a little better before i read the eyes as being real - so what i imagined was seeing what the image might look like without the eyes - maybe increasing the font size of the prompt and moving it where the eyes are and changing the window to a cork board or simply a wall - i am sorry if i am reading this wrong - it really is a great piece that i could easily see looking out at me from a shelf at Powell's Books -

• @Kevin-Longueil Wow, thank you so much for your kind words. I wish you had written sooner I love your idea for using the cork board for the text. Yea I kind of overdid the eyes watching maybe but my thought was that the eyes which are exactly the same eyes as the frog, the owl, the elephant and the giraffe have already made it outside and are waiting for their friends to join them. I already sent my entry off but I like your idea so much I may change it for my website. Thanks again for your encouragement! I can't begin to tell you how much I need it!!!

• I agree with @Kevin-Longueil I think the threat that Astrid hasn't discovered yet would best be the little craft critters rather than the eyes outside the window... although in the current composition she'd see them straight away coming out of her 'craft' house. Or is it something that's emitting that spotlight on her? If nothing but a lamp is making the drastic, creepy lighting it's a bit strange for a light source.

One other thing that would've been great is if you had a bit of perspective on the house rather than it looking flat and one-dimensional straight-on.

Great work otherwise - love all the detail! Your glue bottle and sponge looks so real. I'd like to have Astrid as my doll :)

• @DanetteDraws Thanks for your critique. I guess I screwed up the light source because I thought it was light coming through an open door but I guess I did it wrong. I have a lot to learn! I tried doing the house in several different ways and got frustrated trying to figure out getting everything I wanted on the table. So I ended up head on with the house craft. I have a hard time planning things out and seeing them different ways. I guess it will come with practice!

• @Thrace-Shirley-Mears yes, with practice for sure! But also it helps to look at reference - pics of light coming from under a door and also just a regular house in perspective may've helped you with less frustration. Have you taken the composition class yet as well as the perspective? Those are two that I have yet to watch in my line-up...

• @DanetteDraws I've watched parts of both. The perspective stuff is hard for me to see and therefore I don't enjoy the class. I am going to have to make myself watch it until I can see it. I know it is so important and I will get around to it soon. Thanks for your encouragement!

• @Thrace-Shirley-Mears I know what you mean... 3 point in particular seems pretty confusing!