Fall Critique

• So I've been debating on whether I should submit my original traditional painting or if I should send the analog/digital mixed for Fall critiques. I really want to be able to achieve the same effect with lighting in paint as one can get with digital. Such a dilemma. It's very subtle at the moment but I can continue to had highlights and shadows. Any suggestions?

The original:
    0_1474940756195_suzyHeitz 9.13.16.jpg

The enhanced:
    0_1474940809122_Thomas 9.13.16 adjusted.jpg

• I think you should send in the one you feel is your best piece OR choose the piece that aligns with where you intend to go - for example, if you want to do traditional, not digital, send in the traditional.

Just fyi, I do not know what you want your focal point to be, the fire in the enhanced version really draws the eye.

• @artspreadsjoy Thanks for the input! You're right, I need to decide. I still have more to learn with traditional and not ready to move away from it yet. I love painting and rendering. My digital skills are really beginner so I know I'll need a lot more practice till I feel like I'm on track with it. Good call on the fire. I was thinking it was to be an accent to add interest but not draw the eye too much. Thanks again!

Looks like your connection to SVS Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.