Sept. 3rd Thursday: Thomas

• I agree. I loved this one. Keep it up.

• @Kevin-Longuei @evilrobot Thanks so much.. Your encouragement is truly appreciated.

• @Suzy-Heitz I felt the same way... Where did I go wrong. I have been doing 3rd Thursdays since December last year and there have been a few where I feel I nail it and its not even an honorable mention. Then I start to question myself and my art. I think its just the artist feelings. Your piece was great and you put so much work into it. You should be proud of it.

• @Suzy-Heitz I have been entering these since last year October, and my FIRST piece got the most mention. Some months I make it to the HM's, sometimes not - I didn't yesterday either. Don't let it get you down. Every piece we do makes us stronger, as long as we are honestly looking at our pieces to see if there are ways we can improve. Did I design my piece so it could be read easily? Did I have a strong enough focal point? Did I nail the concept? Every month I know my chances are slim, but I enjoy the challenge and will continue to do them if possible. I guess we'll have to wait and see what the new format will be. Even if it becomes something I can't enter, I would still like to watch - I learn a lot every time. Long story short - keep going!

• @Chip-Valecek Thanks, Chip! Maybe you're right about the artist's disposition of feeling much. I guess it hit a bit hard because I respect their opinion so much. I respect everyone here for their effort and know we each work hard. To put oneself "out there" is scary. Thankfully we belong to a community of likeminded supportive people. I hope I can be as supportive to others as I have been here now by you all.

• @Rebecca-Hirsch Thanks, Rebecca! Congrats on your mention! We'll just have to keep going. Yes, I was a little disappointed last night but have had a good sleep and two cups of coffee this morning. I can reflect in a positive way now. I am on my right path and know how much I've improved over the last few months and am looking forward to the next steps of my journey. Challenge is a good thing. Cheers everyone! Happy Friday!

• @Suzy-Heitz I'm so glad you are cheered! Your piece was lovely. Not being mentioned does not equal not a good illustration. I've talked to many successful illustrators who feel like they are failing. Eliza Wheeler called it the "I suck dilemma." The key is to not let it keep you down...which you didn't! So you are already more successful than those who quit!

• @Joy-Heyer You're so right, Joy! Right on! Oh, your quote is most peculiar; I'm not sure if it's serious or silly?! Is this from a movie? I don't have animals as I'm allergic. Oddly enough, it is the dog's saliva that makes me itch.

• @Suzy-Heitz Never mind! LOL I looked it up. >.<

• @Suzy-Heitz Sorry, Studio C is a favorite in my house. My kids can integrate Studio C quotes into any conversation. Funny that dog saliva really is a "lethal venom" for you!