Missed 3rd Thursdays

• Not sure if this should be under 3rd Thursday or Sketchbook. I missed the first 3rd Thursday due date and haven't had time to finish it. However, I still like the concept/sketch I came up with so I decided I would go ahead and share. I am sure I am not the only one that couldn't get it together! ;-) My thought was this topic/thread could be a good spot to share those ideas that didn't make it to deadline but are still worth sharing and possibly get some inspiration and encouragement to finish.

For this piece "Martin's Summer," I brought it up to the Value and Tone per Wills Digital Painting course. I got sidelined on the Color Studies step. Hopefully I can bring it to finish when I wrap up a couple things. Thanks!
    MartinsSummer.jpg

• thats awesome. i really dig your style. please finish it id love to see where you take it with color.

• Hey Tannie! Thanks for posting this even though you missed the deadline. I think it's a great idea to post what you've got anyway. I like this piece a lot. I think the one thing you could do to make it better though is to separate the BG from the foreground by lightening the value in the bg. Right now the house is really competing with the boat and it gets a little confusing.

Great work!

• Thank you Ryan, I plan on it!

Will do Jake, thanks for the tip! It's always nice to see it through someone else's eyes.

Looks like your connection to SVS Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.