June 2015 Rework

• Hi! So it has been a year since I started with digital illustration. And illustration in general. I found SVS, I saw the prompt and just said to myself "I am gonna do that. I dont know how, but I am." The result was terribad, but it was a start:
    0_1466980041084_001_Amanda_and_skunks.jpg

And now after a year I decided to repaint it. Skunks stealing toys werent exciting enough, so I raised the stakes and turned it into a kidnap :D Aaand this was a result.
    I am still not there, but I am still happy with the progress so far :)
    0_1466980027342_029_Amanda.jpg

As always I will be happy for any feedback, but I am so sick of the image that I cant see myself redo anything more :)

• @Jiří-Kůs Wow! Quite a difference :-) Thanks for sharing. I have the set up to do digital and will be trying it soon. Hope I can do as well on my first one as you did on yours :-)

• @Jiří-Kůs great improvement on this. The girl in front is beautiful. The skunk on the right with his foot up looks like it is missing his foot. But love the piece. I thought about redoing one of my first pieces again, this might have just motivated me to do so.

• You've made a lot of progress on your art skills in a year! Congrats to you for putting in the effort to improve your craft.
    I like the lighting and the way you composed the girl in between all of the trees. Great way to frame your main subject. Good use of leading the eye to her with the direction of the skunks weaponry.
    My thoughts: The skunk in the back on the right is leading the viewers eye out of the composition. I would suggest moving him over to the right of the composition and then flipping him so that he's facing the left. Easy enough to do - just lasso him, adjust and move, then repaint over the area where he's currently at. This will also get rid of that tangent that's kind of created with him and the skunk in the foreground.

The lighting on the ground doesn't follow the perspective of the ground plane. It should be more skewed to the ground plane.

Nice job on the use of color and that impressive detail on the dress.

• Wow, awesome progress!!

• Thanks all for kind words!

@Larissa-Brown-Marantz regarding the skunk with the crossbow, I was thinking the same thing, but I wanted to have him on a lookout... well I guess I would have to lead the viewer back to the image. The perspective thing did not occure to me. Thanks for feedback!

• @Jiří-Kůs Just want to say you've made awesome progress. Great work keep it up.