June 3rd Thursday

• Hello folks. I'm new here and wanted to participate in 3rd Thursdays. I realize I have very little time to get this illustration finished by the deadline, but that's okay! I'd love some input on this is quick color comp. I look forward to hearing from you guys. :)

0_1466448569910_forumvlee.jpg

• Look Good. I would personally try to place a bit more space between the opossum and the sun (Maybe by moving the tree a bit to the left?). It may also help with composition and also the eye direction of the opossum towards the sun.

Hope that helps. :)

• @NickA Thank you for your input. Here's where I am now. I went with a different coloring style than I typically do, so it's a bit out of my comfort zone but I wanted to try something new.

0_1466527532108_forumvlee2.jpg

• Nice image. Just a thought. It might be nice to have some bounce light hitting the darker areas of the main character and maybe a bit bouncing up into the hole in the tree so we can see what's going on in there a little better.

• It's looking good. The painting is now more polished and I think it was a good idea to move the sun over. Good luck with you submission. :)