June 3rd Thursday

• So here is my saying:

Baroque Betty is the only bashful baboon with the beautiful blue bouffant that doesn't care for boisterous bats bowling over her blanket of bountiful blueberry muffins.

Too much?

Here is a rough sketch. YES! There will be blueberry muffins flying off the tipping tables. I originally have this outside but might challenge myself by having it inside a castle...

I think I need to work on my baboon silhouette a bit more - maybe put the bats in bowling league shirts.

0_1465083224045_rough.jpg

• Hi Katrina. I like all the action you have going on in this piece and I can imagine it will be very colorful in the end. You asked if it was too much and I think it might be. I think that it's the combination of things that don't go together in my mind that throws me. Maybe you're going for an Alice in Wonderland crazy tea party feel but I don't know that I'm in that world. Since Baroque Betty is "THE ONLY..." that means there are other bashful baboons with beautiful blue bouffants that enjoy having their muffins bowled over, which is a strange thing to enjoy. To simplify it I would ask myself "what would a normal fancy lady baboon enjoy?" Picking bugs out of another's wig? Baking banana muffins? Garden parties? And then go from there.

• "Baroque Betty with the beautiful blue bouffant is the only baboon that doesn't care for boisterous bats bowling over her blanket of bountiful blueberry muffins.

I think you can have this much going if you limit the background colors to very unsaturated and make the interesting points saturated. I like the bats and bowling shirts on the bats would be very funny indeed.

• I think it might be a bit too much but I like crazy stuff. I think my favorite part are those bat designs. It would be nice to keep those somehow even if you change up the story.

Looks like your connection to SVS Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.