June 3rd Thursday: ...doesn't care for

• After brainstorming on this for a couple of day, I've come up with a few ideas. Now to do some thumbnails and narrow down the ideas.

1.) Puffy-P is the only bunogropher that doesn't care for roll models.
    2.) Swift is the only second-system Laputin who doesn't care for Phobosian lunar racing.
    3.) Alphonse is the only unicorn that doesn't care for brass bands.
    4.) Carl is the only dromedary that doesn't care for river cruises.
    5.) Eldron is the only dragon that doesn't care for Brimstone's Creamery.

What comes to mind? Let me know if you make the connections and which are confusing. I think they are all corny but this is my twisted brain tangle.

• I like number 5 the best. I see a cute dragon alone while his friends are eating ice cream.

• They're all awesome :D My favourites are 3 and 4 :)

• I don't have brain tangle, I have unique wiring... I think Alphonse could be listening to headphones and rocking it out while standing in the back of the orchestra next to his big base drum waiting for his turn to hit something... I like 2-3-and 5.

• All are great and funny! :) I would go with weird ones, bunogropher & Laputin. Or dromedary. :)

• I am confused by most of them...most likely because of my limited vocabulary :-) What is a bunographer? I also don't know what Laputin is. Hope I'm not embarrassing myself by my ignorance :-) But, at least I'm not afraid to ask questions :-)

• @Marsha-Kay-Ottum-Owen Thanks for commenting. I've made up some words and am sorry for the confusion. This is important note for me as novice writer to consider that English is often not a viewer's first language or that they may have limited knowledge of a pop culture reference. I guess this would be a good lesson for me on not making the viewer work too hard to get the joke.

Here are some notes on my and concepts:

1.) Concept: A fashion photographer who doesn't like his working with fashion models.
    This is a play on words where types of bread are the main characters. "Bunogropher" is a made up word using "bun" and "photographer." Roll and model are a play on concept for role model.

2.) Concept: An alien driver who doesn't like fast car races.
    Swift is based on the writer Jonathan Swift and also implies speed. Laputin is a made up word to describe an alien race from Laputa, a fictional place in Gulliver's Travels written by Jonathan Swift. Phobosia is a made up word which is derived from the Greek word Phobia and the Martian moon (lunar) Phobos. So the irony is that Swift has a phobia of going too fast.

3.) Concept: A unicorn that doesn't like horns.
    Play on unique horn and horns.

4.) Concept: A camel that doesn't like boats.
    Irony; camels are known as the "ships of the desert".

5.) Concept: A dragon that doesn't like "burning stone" dessert.
    Irony; Brimstone's Creamery is a play on Cold Stone Creamery. Also milk (ice-cream) is said to help diminish the burning sensation gotten when eating hot chili peppers.

Please let me know if this is even more confusing and if I'm over explaining my thought process. I'm always challenged in what to use or omit. And also if my logic is too confusing and complex.That's why I refer to is a s brain tangle. It should be easy for people to get the jokes.

Writing is hard. :P

• I think I would like to sit down with you and write some funny stories together... That would be fun and productive... I will bet that you are one of those all around fun people that everyone considers their best friend!

• @Russ-Van-Dine l'm not sure about being everyone's bestie but I sure like to nerd out. It would be a great time to hang out and brainstorm. :)

• @Suzy-Heitz Yes, I get them much better now :-) Ha! Ha! Very clever. Sorry, I do have a limited knowledge of pop culture all around.....my kids would probably do much better :-) You're very creative with lots of ideas and, to me , that is a good sign :-) I do know the story of Jonathan Swift and the Lilliputians, I used to read it or watch videos of ti with my kids when they were young :-) It's good to make people think, anyway. I'm kind of lazy about thinking sometimes.

• @Suzy-Heitz Cute ideas give me some thumbs to see.

• @Chris-Perry I'm workin' on them! :P

• @Suzy-Heitz Great can't wait to see your ideas.

• Swift is the only Second System Laputin who doesn't care for Phobosian lunar racing.

Swift is an alien with turtle-like features and traits. He's afraid the others will laugh at him because he's different; he just doesn't like lunar racing. Every year, all the SSLs must enter the race to become a quantum velociranger which is his life-long dream. He's worried he can't compete.

0_1464528642776_Swift roughs 1.jpeg

• More development on Swift.
    0_1464627419924_IMG_0992.jpg

• Challenged with the Process:
    This is the stage where I get the most frustrated. I think I've got an OK idea and a good start on start character design, treatment, and composition. The BIGGEST struggle is how to execute the project. I've been drawing for a couple of days. I've collaged some things together and even started doing some layering in Photoshop hoping I can cobble something together. Is it just me, or do other people go through there same growing pains?

0_1464709140189_Swift.jpg

• @Suzy-Heitz The initial phases of a painting are very challenging for me. As long as I am thumbnailing and color-comping all is fun and exciting. When I start on the final piece, I go straight through an horrible phase where everything seems wrong and I feel like I have no idea what I am doing and how I am doing it. I now by now that it is just a matter of pulling through. Not every piece will work out, but all will be inevitably much better at the end!

• @smceccarelli Thanks, Simona! Your work is amazing!

• The concept and turtle looks great. This could turn out well. I'm rooting for you. :)

Looks like your connection to SVS Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.