June 3rd Thursday

• To busy last month to participate but getting back in on this month. I wanted to put out a few ideas before I start to thumbnail. I have one that I like the most but wanted some outside feedback as well.

1.) Freddy Fin is the only chubby fish that doesn’t care for chewy worms.
    2.) Gary is the only zombie that doesn’t care for brains.
    3.) Fluffy is the only bunny that doesn’t care for carrots dipped in honey.
    4.) Zena is the only zebra that doesn’t care for her stripes.

• I like the zombie brains one best - think it would be fun :-)

• I think it would be funny to have a zebra trying to get rid of her stripes and zombies are always fun to draw.

• I like the zebra option most.:o)

• I like the zebra one...

• I like number 2 best. It could be really funny :-) Choose Zombies!

• @Chip-Valecek Like the zebra idea as perhaps a book idea for self acceptance. Should prove interesting how you convey this visually.

• Like the zombie idea best!

• Thanks for all the feedback, here are my thumbs for the most popular.
    1 and 2 = Zebra looking in pond, sees no stripes.
    3 and 4 = Zebra in room painting stripes off looking in mirror.
    5 = Paint bucket in tree with rope, spilling on top of zebra.
    6 = Zombies eating someone while Zombie eats a burger.
    7 = Zombie orders McDonalds while worker is scared
    8 = Zombie at dinner table and picks hamburger over brains.

Up for voting and thanks in advance.

0_1464497410032_sketches.jpg

• I like 4 and 7 most. :-)

• I like #7 too....though I wonder if it might be even more fun if the zombie had finished ordering and was sitting down to eat it, amongst horrified diners nearby looking scared...just thinking that with the sketch as it is, communicating the dialogue might be tricky... it's such a fun idea because you don't expect a zombie to order a burger in McDonalds, but at first glance you might think the zombie was there to eat the worker. But if you could see the zombie about to eat the burger, the understanding of the picture would be instant. Also if you did that, it might be fun to have - very subtly so it's a 'second read' rather than 'first read' thing - to have the windows visible somewhere and a few zombies outside on a rampage for human flesh - really very subtle so it doesn't distract from the main focus - but it would be fun as an 'aha' moment while people are really taking in all the details on your piece :-) Anyway just thoughts and I'm sure whichever you choose this will be great!

• Number 7 is what I am going with, and here is my sketch. I hope I can finish. I just landed a freelance job which is taking up all my time. I am waiting for some answers from the client so I spent my time sketching. I am thinking I will take one or two nights out of the week to work and hopefully I can make the deadline. Any crits before I start on cleaning up the line work?0_1465015870925_wip01.jpg

• love it. Maybe the people alive can go running away with their hands all in the air waving and zombies chasing... and then a couple of zombies can look in the window with a questioning look. I think it might push the idea a little more...

• This is a pretty solid, funny concept. I hope you have time to finish.

• Finished it up. I had a lot of fun painting Gary. 0_1466261211358_cvalecek.jpg

• LOL, funny stuff.