Jan 3rd Thursday

• Decided to go for a subtle route this time. I just thought shadow of the monster would help to explain the story. Let me know what you think. Thank you!
    Stanely.jpg

• I really like your work and this subtle design is wonderful! For me the shadow of the tail didn't stand out at all on the first read, I didn't know it was there until reading your text. Maybe a bit darker?

• @bharris Thank you for the comment I think I know what to do now :D

• Decided to lighten up it a bit Stanely.jpg

• @Naroth-Kean Hey Naroth - i just did a quick track pad paint over to show my idea :) The two things i was going to mention was to possibly move Stanley to the right of center and to change the shadow a bit - i copied the top and bottom and pasted them up and down a bit - then cropped so Stanley was not in the middle any more - i think with him being in the middle i keep looking to see what is important to the right since there is so much space there - other thing is i think the shadow would not curl around the wall with the light source being where it is...right? The shadow would make straight lines on the other wall i think - it looks cool the way it is and i really like this piece a lot - great concept and very nice painting!1453161090882-stanely-2 copy.jpg

• Really like this. I like the lightened one best. Very nice colors and mood =)

• @Kevin-Longueil Thanks a lot Kevin. I'll see if i can change the direction of my light but I would like to keep as much detail as possible on the set.
    @Stephanie-Hider I'm glad you like the mood! thank you.

• moved him a bit to right as suggested :) Thanks I like it better Stanely.jpg

• @Naroth-Kean O.k. swear i'll leave you alone after this : ) but here is an idea i had of how to use the space behind the puppy when he was centered - another quick trackpad drawing :) just sharing the idea - i really do not think you need to make any changes! Idea.jpg

• I actually like the idea too! Don't worries I'm always up for opinion because it's the best way to learn and I really appreciate your time drawing over. The way you utilized the space here is very effective especially it goes well with my design. I don't know if people can tell that I'm trying to apply the movement and shape of the monster tail to the stairs handle and those fence. I think that wall you added just gives a lot more eye movement and makes the pup looks more vulnerable as he is cornered. I am excited and I don't know why I love this piece more than other 3rd Thursday I have done. I am going to try it out! Thanks a lot Kevin, you are the best :-)

• Love the overall mood and color, I have two suggestions.
    As @Kevin-Longueil shown it would have much clearer read if you shown an end of the tail. I did not know what was going on until I read a description. 2nd thing - shadows dont add - shadow of tail on the shadow of the wall would not be probably visible. You can have stronger shadow that will overpower weak shadow, but shadows of same intensity will never add up.

• @Jiří-Kůs Thanks Jiri for your suggestion. I'll see what I can do to make it reads better. Thank you

• Update! I think i like this one better.
    Stanely.jpg

• really like this one as the tail sort of circles the dog =D

• Fantastic job on the revisions! The shadow of the monster tail reads much better.

• I agree, that's definitely the best one.

• Looks great Naroth!! The plant curling around the corner was a bit distracting, but much better now that it's toned down a bit. Stanley is just too cute, i want to cuddle him up and take him home!

• Thanks guys! really appreciate the comment.
    @Lynn-Larson That's a good call Lynn. Now I see it is very center and kind of block the wall. I'll try to fix that later. Thank you!

• Just thought I should continue this scene because I love the stormy night and the little story it has. !Stanely.jpg

Stanely-2.jpg

• @Naroth-Kean This looks Great Naroth! Cannot wait to be buying your books! The one thought that popped into my head for this one was - how would it look if you used the same wood and wire fence from the first image in this image - it would add a lot of tension I think by not having the stone bulwark there - the little fence would tie the two images together nicely too - just a thought - not really needed though - it looks great the way it is!